Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #273

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

VANGUARD BY ANN AGUIRRE

Goodreads Description:

The Razorland saga continues. Since the war ended, Tegan has dreamed of an epic journey, so when she has the opportunity to sign on as ship's doctor, she can't wait. It's past time to chart her course. Millie Faraday, the kindest girl in the free territories, also yearns to outrun her reputation, and warrior-poet James Morrow would follow Tegan to the ends of the earth.

Their company seems set, but fate brings one more to their number. Tegan will battle incredible odds while aiding Szarok, the Uroch vanguard, who has ventured forth to save his people. Szarok is strange and beautiful, like a flower that blooms only in the dark. She shouldn't allow him close, as such a relationship is both alien and forbidden. But through stormy seas and strange lands, she will become stronger than she ever knew.
 

 
Hardcover, 368 pages
Expected publication: July 25th 2017 by Feiwel & Friends
Pre-Order here and here

So so curious about this one :D I loved the Razorland trilogy. Such amazing books. And this cover is so gorgeous. Sigh. I love it. But damn it. I am nervous. Because I seem to remember shipping Tegan and James Morrow beyond words. And this summary mentions a different boy. Whyyy? :( I'm upset already, haha. But I still have hope. That there won't be a triangle. That the romance will be amazing. And that the plot will be so much fun and awful and eee :D I'm pretty excited about this book. Just hoping I will love it :)
What are you waiting for on this epic Wednesday?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series, but like Ann Aguirre. I'll have to check it out. Happy New Year, Carina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of the Razorland series before, but it sounds cool :) I hope you love this book!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I never finished the Razorland series! I read the first one, and the second one as well I think. That's so neat that there will be a new book. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful week, Carina. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, it's been a long time since the second book came out, hasn't it?? I hope this turns out to be worth the wait AND I hope, for you, there are no love triangles! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)